1.23.2011

Don't Sweat It


Sweatshirt- Forever 21
Shorts- Delia's
Tights- ? (gift from my mom)
Boots- thrifted
nail polish- Urban Outfitters' Matte Green 7
music- The Creation- Tom Tom


Yes, I'm wearing a sweatshirt. And I am obsessed with said sweatshirt. Best $11 I ever spent. I know that the "chic sweatshirt" is nothing new, but it took me quite a while to come around to the idea. A few years ago I would have considered wearing a sweatshirt in public nothing short of style heresy. However, this one is slouchy and off-shouldery and goes with everything, especially the short and/or tight things that comprise the majority of my wardrobe. I like to think that these type of sweatshirts have a Jane Birkin-raising-her-children type of feel. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and want to be comfy(it happens, you know, even to me, who once said that comfort is not an issue when it comes to clothes).
Please notice, lest you think that I am in the witness protection program, that I am showing my face above! For possibly the only time(see below).

In an obviously painful effort to include "detail shots" I wanted to give a close-up of my nails. I know that this color is a rip-off of the few-seasons-ago Chanel Nouvelle Vague, but you know what? I don't care. I love this color. It is so summery and beachy(even though I don't particularly like the beach, I get sunburned just thinking about it) and reminds me of David Hockney's jewel-bright California sunshine pool paintings.

David Hockey, Peter Getting Out of Nick's Pool, 1966

David Hockney, A Bigger Splash, 1967
P.S.- I have nixed the bangs idea. While cleaning out old magazines I ran across an article in Elle about how bangs are the ultimate "indie rock" statement. Just reading it made me embarrassed. Hawk's nest it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment