5.19.2011

Feathers and Lace



dress- mark.
headband- Modlcloth
wedges- Urban Outfitters
music- The Shaky Hands- Summer's Life

Let me start off by saying that I just bought a Swiffer, which I used for the first time today, and it was the most fun I have ever had cleaning and I can't wait to use it again. Obviously these super awkward photos were taken pre-Swiffer-ing because afterwards I had a big ole smile on my face. Isn't it ironic that the work that women suffocated under and fought so hard to get away from for decades is precisely what I most enjoy? Seriously. I should probably just get my MRS degree instead of going back to grad school because all I really want to do is stay home and bake and clean. Sorry Bust magazine(my favorite in the world)! I said it! I'd probably be an excellent housewife if only I liked children(that's a major component of it I guess). Speaking of children, the ones next door are preventing me from taking photos outside. While I applaud the fact that they are spending all day outside, I honestly have no clue where the hell they came from and have yet to see an adult anywhere.
I wasn't sure if I could get away with this dress at work because of the sheer top but I did it anyway! What the hell, I've got less than 2 months before I leave there forever(for the love of God I hope so) so maybe I'll take some more risks. I am an Avon lady(oh yes, it's true), and while I am borderline obsessed with the liquid eyeliner I can't say the same for the clothes they offer. Most are hideous and look cheap. This dress is the one thing I've bought from them(myself?) that's not makeup and I really like it. It's a bit clingy and is making me regret slightly eating any of the banana cake I made last night. Despite the unabashed girliness of lace I do enjoy wearing it, particularly in a dark color or simple silhouette(or both, like this dress).
This headband is CRUSHING MY SKULL. I still haven't ceased marveling at the fact that Christie and I both wore one every damn day for 2+ years. I'm guessing that was around the time when I said "comfort is not an issue" regarding style...

No comments:

Post a Comment