3.23.2011

R.I.P. La Liz


top- mark.
skirt- vintage
wedges- Urban Outfitters
music- Sonic Youth- Winner's Blues

I really should not wear this top so much. However, the fact that it is work-appropriate(SO RARE in my closet) and matches everything is not helping. On the other hand, I wear this skirt so rarely(I think maybe twice in 4 years) that it should be glad to get out, no matter what it's paired with. Yes, I just gave an inanimate item of clothing feelings. I really like this skirt even though it doesn't feel entirely my style. The details are so fun! Like big brass buttons that say "Equipements Militaires" on them and the amazing pockets. Also, the denim is so old that it's perfectly soft.
My hair's looking a little crazy. I keep looking at pictures of Anna Karina and thinking that I should probably get bangs again. Or a keratin treatment but that shit is like $150, and with all the suffering in this world I'm not sure that I can justify spending $150 on my hair. Even though I wear it every day and it's sort of the bane of my existence(besides my cats, the real bane of my existence, but I won't get started on that now).
We're going to see Torche tonight. No, I'm not wearing this skirt. I'm going to wear the top and shoes with my new high-waisted shorts which made my mother wince because they are so short and could probably get me thrown in jail for indecency.
On a sad note, rest in peace, Elizabeth Taylor. Not only was she one of the most insanely beautiful people to ever grace this earth, she was a great actress in that magnificent Old Hollywood style. My favorite Liz Taylor movie is most definitely that melodramatic tale of unrequited love, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and do! I also loved her as Gloria Wandrous in Butterfield 8, a quintessential tragic hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold story that is not nearly as good as she is in it.

as Maggie the Cat

proving that brunettes smolder far more than blondes!

No comments:

Post a Comment