3.07.2011

Roll Out




cardigan- Urban Outfitters
dress- vintage
belt- my mom's from college(I seem to have inherited the belts, nothing else)
heels- Modcloth
music- Lee Hazelwood & Nancy Sinatra- Some Velvet Morning

I felt like an absolute giant in these shoes today. It was an awesome feeling. Tall people must feel so powerful. It would be easy to abuse that, towering over the short and stout common folk.
Ok....I digress. Winter, you're killing me here. I don't own enough tights for this nonsense. Now you've got me showing my tight seams through open-toed shoes. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. But aren't these shoes fun? They have heels like a hardwood floor, and I believe Modcloth called them "Pumpkin Pie Heels", and you know how I'm a sucker for baked goods, now matter how flimsy the association.

Speaking of, I made a jelly roll last night. I have never made something with such a ridiculous series of steps. I felt like I was practicing some witches' spell. "Sprinkle a towel of a certain size with powdered sugar, immediately dump your 400-degree, 1/2 thick cake onto the towel, roll it up tightly and place on top of the cooling oven for 30 minutes, under the full moon whilst accompanied by a toad singing a lullaby." It turned out well though, and I thought it was adorable, even though Andy told me it looked like a raspberry jam burrito. It felt very British. Now I really want to make a Bakewell tart, if only I can find a recipe that doesn't give me the ingredient measurements in grams...

No comments:

Post a Comment